Enterprise Information Management (EIM) and the Information Manager
Information Management concerns itself with employing strategies and technologies in the information technology industry to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content imported into or generated from within an organization’s course of operation. This includes providing both internal and external organizational access control to this content.
Freedom’s Information Managers (IMs) ensure that critical information is well-organized and presented, and is available to authorized personnel. IMs add significant value to an organization as they effectively implement and manage a seamless collaborative environment by establishing best practices across multiple organizational levels and sites. Freedom’s integrated team of IMs establish an information conduit that can be managed through these multiple organizations with the skills to maximize the effective use of technology
Information Management Tools
In order to communicate and protect a client’s data throughout its lifecycle, an IM will use the tools that the client has chosen as the best means to manage their information. Freedom’s IMs are not limited by any IT product or suite of tools. Rather, IMs train on tools not already in their realm of proficiency in order to support the client. Examples of tools that IMs are already trained on include Windchill, Confluence, Cradle, Active Risk Manager (ARM),Vignette Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Solutions, Vignette Portal, Vignette Builder, Vignette Review Item Discrepancy (RID) Tool, Microsoft SharePoint, and NexPrise Collaboration Suite.
The Value of Information Management
Information Management is valuable because it:
- Provides a tool usage expert to local teams – an expert backed up by the nationwide IM network
- Ensures compliance with IT security requirements and recognizes the need for the collection and maintenance of official records
- Establishes and maintains best practices utilization standards across an entire program
- Works closely with tool development teams, assisting with the installation, set-up and training of new or updated applications
- Captures requirements for additional capability on behalf of program and project management, and communicates those requirements to the developers.